Monday, January 9, 2012

momstown membership - for the working mom too!

We've heard there's a silly little rumour that momstown is only for stay at home moms and we think it's time to settle this once and for all!  Did you know that we are in fact, working moms ourselves?  Both momstown Edmonton South owners work out of the home and can appreciate that working moms want to do fun things with the kids on their time off! momstown is a lifestyle and we've got something for everyone!


Here's what's available to our 9-5 moms with a momstown membership!


1. Message Board - this is the best place to get to know other local moms.  We talk about everything,  this is a supportive environment where you can ask questions, chat and get advice! I'll warn you though - it's addictive.  Our members check the momstown message board as often as they check facebook - yep, that's a lot.


2. Fun Family Events - momstown hosts holiday events from Mother's Day to Christmas and everything in between we have great events to bring the whole family out together!

3. Scholastic Children's Book Club - We meet at Chapters on a Saturday to read a story, have a snack and do a draw for a free book, courtesy of Scholastic Canada!


4. Junior Chef - Once a month we bake a special treat to go along with our theme for the month. This month we made adorable Cinnamon Polar Bears for our Winter Wonderland theme!


5. Big Cook - We've got it down to a science! Working moms need big cook meals more than anyone! After a busy day at work it's exhausting to come home and plan a big meal - we meet for a few hours and go home with up to 24 meals ready to go!


6. Working Girl's Lunch - We need to have a little fun on the weekdays too! The first wednesday of the month we meet for a lunch downtown.


7. Discounts -  We've got tons of discounts both nationally and locally, they change on a monthly basis so check back regularly!


8. Sports Saturday - we go skating, to an indoor playground or something else fun and active for the kids to run, jump & play!


9. Mompreneur Networking Night - From accounting to social media we've got a topic for you, we meet for coffee and learn from speakers and from each other!


10. Mom's night out! Meet those lovely mama's you've been talking to online for a delicious meal, a movie, a book club, bowling or anything in between! We've got at least two evening events a month for you to have some adult time with moms just like you!



Don't forget about our sister sites at momstown.ca there are
craft ideas, recipes and contests available at your fingertips anytime!

 At $45.00 a year - there is no better value!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more that momstown is for working moms too. Granted I am newly a SAHM, but I spent the past 18 months as a working mom AND a momstown member. For me, it was worth FAR more than the $45 I paid per year. Being part of momstown means that I actually have mom friends, who have children around my daughter's age. If I didn't have momstown, I don't know where I'd meet other moms. I wouldn't have awesome events to take my daughter to - for example, my employer did not host a children's Christmas party. It also meant that I got to have lunch and coffee with other working moms downtown. momstown introduced me to another mom who was a wholistic esthetician - and she worked 5 minutes from me, so I could get my eyebrows done by an amazing eyebrow wizard who I knew through momstown. momstown is DEFINITELY for working moms. And new stay at home moms.

Christy said...

Great blog! And a great reminder that momstown has something to offer all moms! I think you both have done a great job balancing your events, activities, offerings, etc. to speak to both the working moms & the SAHMs. Great things for Edmonton mamas!