Monday, April 22, 2013

Music and Movement


This month we had a blast at momstown Edmonton singing and dancing with our Little Explorers! We explored many places through song! We went to the farm and saw cows, horses, dogs, and even chickens when we sang “I Went Down to the Farm.” Then, we swam in the ocean amongst the fish and whales as we sang “Slippery Fish.” We also went on a bear hunt, singing “The Cool Bear Hunt” as we searched for a green eyed, fluffy-tailed bear. We finished off our time together with some parachute play, and lots of laughter! Want to teach your children some of these songs? Here are two of the songs we sang!


I Went to Visit a Farm
I went to visit a farm one day
I saw a cow across the way
And what do you think I heard it say?
Moo, moo, moo
Moo, moo, moo

I went to visit a farm one day
I saw a pig across the way
And what do you think I heard it say?
Oink, oink, oink
Oink, oink, oink
(Continue with dog, horse, chicken, and whatever other farm animals you can think of!)
 
Slippery Fish
Slippery fish, slippery fish, sliding through the water,
Slippery fish, slippery fish, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp! 
Oh, no! It’s been eaten by an… 
Octopus, octopus, squiggling in the water
Octopus, octopus, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp..
Oh, no! It’s been eaten by a… 
Tuna fish, tuna fish, flashing in the water,
Tuna fish, tuna fish, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp! 
Oh, no! It’s been eaten by a… 
Great white shark, great white shark, lurking in the water,
Great white shark, great white shark, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp! 
Oh, no! It’s been eaten by a… 
Humongous whale, humongous whale, spouting in the water,
Humongous whale, humongous whale
Gulp! … Gulp! … Gulp! … BURP! 
Pardon me!
 
We would love to have you come sing with us! Check out our free trial! 




No comments: