Tomorrow is the day I've been dreading since my son was born, it's time to go back to work. I've dreamed up every possible way to stay home and for us unfortunately it's just not an option. Although I am going to miss my kids and my "old life" I’m desperately trying to stay positive about my “new life”, so here are a few things I’m actually looking forward to!
1) Taking care of myself- I can no longer leave my eyebrows untamed or my hair in the standard ponytail, I must look presentable to the general public this means I will need take more than glance at myself in the mirror. I’m actually looking forward to showers being necessity rather than an optional luxury. Now if this post pregnancy weight didn't make these damn pants so tight I might actually like getting dressed up!
2) Adult conversation – I love talking to my kids and other moms but it's nice to have a conversation that doesn't include breastfeeding, dirty diapers and sleep schedules. This means when someone asks "how are you?" they don't mean "How many hours of sleep did you get between feedings??". I’m not sure if I know how to have these real conversations anymore but I’m sure I’ll learn.
3) Problem Solving- I am absolutely not an expert on parenting, I’m just flying by the seat of my pants, like the rest of you. Parenting is about trial and error and I find that as soon as I think I know something about my child she changes making me more confused than ever. I can’t wait to live in a world where there’s just one solution to a single problem, rather than having 100 possibilities why my child isn’t sleeping, eating, walking, pooping...the list goes on and on.
Although I know returning to work will benefit my family, but I have to remember it may be good for me too. I’m going to try to remember these things this week, while I hold back my tears, do my hair and put on those pants with a button.
No comments:
Post a Comment