When I look around the room at our momstown mamas I see true beauty. Incredible mothers putting their children first and having too few hours in the day to look after themselves. I recently had the opportunity to see myself in a new way and I think that every woman should experience it. When I booked my boudoir shoot with our resident photographer Snow Pea Portraits I thought I was doing it for my husband. I thought it would be embarrassing, I might possibly regret it and hate the pictures.
I was so wrong! Before even seeing the pictures I felt amazing, sure, my husband was fond of the pictures but this did more for me than it could ever do for him. I felt truly beautiful and I pull out those photos on a regular basis and remember that I'm not always a snot smeared, baggy eyed mama.
Thinking about doing a boudoir shoot? Snow Pea Portraits gave us a fantastic list of tips for mom's considering taking the plunge. Is it terrifying standing in your underwear in front of someone you barely know? Yes. Will you regret it? No, and when she tells you you're beautiful during your shoot - believe it, because you are.
- Smile. No, I mean really smile - not that fake "smile" you always have in photos. Close your eyes. Think about...the first time your child said 'I love you, mama". Yes, that smile. Happy is beautiful.
- Try to avoid wearing a tight bra or panties before your shoot. No undies at all would be best! But that's not an option for everyone, so try to opt for something comfortable that won't leave those ugly red marks - they're hard to edit out!
- Stand up straight! Slouching never looks great, and you will accentuate your assets with a straight back and shoulders behind you.
- Practice facial expressions in the mirror. Who cares if it feels foolish - it will give you a definite edge when you're in front of the camera. And hey - you can make sexy faces all day once you're good and practiced up!If there's something about you that you don't like (yep, we've all got a few of those) don't be afraid to tell your photographer beforehand. In fact, please do!
- Talk a friend into going with you. Like going to the doctor when you're a teenager, boudoir photography is way more fun when done with a friend.
- If you're having your hair and make up done for your session, try to avoid wearing make up that day, and don't wash your hair in the morning before your shoot. The make up artist may ask you to bring your own foundation to save time on mixing colours - do this!
- Bring your ideas for hair and make up! Most photographers are probably okay with you bringing ideas for poses as well, but if you don't have any, don't stress - the photographer will know lots.
- Relax. Have a glass of wine! This experience is for you, so don't over-think it - just enjoy it!
1 comment:
Good advice! And one thing that you should carry along with you before going to the session is being you. Remember, the lens only has one focal point, and that is you. Meaning, you’re the star. And in any kind of emotion that you are in, it would reflect in the pictures.
Barrie @Art Of Seduction
Post a Comment