Friday, May 11, 2012

Junior Chef: Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes!

Today at Junior Chef we continued our luau theme with Pineapple upside down cupcakes! This recipe was fantastic to make with a group because there were a lot of ingredients and many different steps, everyone had a chance to add something into the bowl! Check out the recipe here!


I always pre-measure the ingredients when I cook with kids so there are only dishes to put away afterwards. I also don't have to worry about consulting the recipe and making a mistake with so much distraction! (Ever added salt instead of sugar? I have!)
Nothing like baking with thirteen kids to teach a little patience (to all of us!)
The fun part - adding pineapple and cherries! we cut the pineapple rings into thirds because they were too big to fit into the cupcake pan, if you use muffin pans the rings fit perfectly


Yum!
 Finished product! Pretty good for so many little 'helpers' in the kitchen and to top it off, they were delicious! Must have been all that extra mixing!

Aloha mama's! ;)

No comments: