Saturday, September 1, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Party Ideas!

My youngest daughter turned two in July and she absolutely loves Strawberry Shortcake. Although I love the wonderful messages that the show sends to little girls, I hate spending a ton of money on decorations with the licensed characters on them. So I decided to try to get the Strawberry vibe without spending big bucks on decor!
 
I love that the colours are easy to find, we went with Red, Pink and Green plates and even made a tutu for the table in the same colours. This was super easy and I'll probably use the technique again for other parties! It was made using a piece of yard the length of the perimeter of the table and strips of tule (3-4 inches wide). Tie the tule strips around the yarn until you get the volume you're looking for, then attach to the table. To add the third colour we used some green tissue paper as a belt around the table but that was more trouble than it was worth. I would use a green streamer next time and wrap it around several times to add in the additional colour - live and learn! :)
 
 
For snacks we went all out with fruits! We made Rasperry Tarts, Strawberry Shortcake Sticks drizzled with chocolate and wands made with watermelon and blueberries! The wands were a huge hit! Just cut out a piece of watermelon using a star-shaped cookie cutter and thread onto a skewer with blueberries!
 













The cake was made by a lovely local mama (and momstown member!) at Tastie Treats by Terrie! Check her out for great unique & delicious cakes and cupcakes!




Did you check out my oldest daughters Brave themed party? We skipped the licensed gear for that one too! Check out momstown arts & crafts for tons of great party ideas!!






2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a fantastic party! I had a strawberry shortcake doll that blew strawberry scented kisses when I was a kid. It was one of my favourite toys. My mom still has it, and it STILL blows strawberry scented kissed. I love the fruit wands (I made the same ones with cantaloupe a while back) and the tutu table skirt. She must have loved it!

Melissa said...

Your parties are awesome! I do this TOO, skip the licensed stuff and create the theme myself. Pretty much all my kids' parties are themed, and next up is my soon-to-be 3-year old's Blues Clues Party (he's been talking about it for a year!) I may borrow a few ideas from you - thanks!!!