Monday, October 15, 2012

How to Make a Halloween Door Hanger!

Some of our mama's love the idea of crafts but find the prep time and mess not worth it - enter momstown.ca's Crafty Mama's event!! We plan the craft and our mama's get to take home a cute home accessory or decoration that they may not have attempted on their own. I am the first to admit I get intimidated by all of the amazing looking crafts I see on Pinterest! I've learned that making the instructions simple and doing a bit of prep work helps even the most hesitant crafter have fun!

This month we made Halloween Door Hangers! They were so simple to make. Follow the instructions below or adapt with whatever materials you find at the craft or dollar store. 

Supplies:
  • Cork Board (We found 12in x 12in sheets two for a dollar at the dollar store, we cut them in four and they served as the base of our Halloween faces)
  • Glitter Foam Paper (Dollarama again, $2.00 for 10 sheets. I would definitely recommend the ones with an adhesive backing)
  • Glue
  • Ribbon
  • Stapler
  • Pipecleaners
  • Scissors

Cut the cork board into four squares, you could also use thick foam boards if you can't find cork at the dollar store. We used the Glittery Foam paper as the faces (white and black are hard to come in the packages so we bought single sheets at a crafting store). We cut out the plain black and white to use as eyes, mouths and noses. We didn't use a template, instead we drew the shapes on the back of the foam and cut them out. Cut 4 pipecleaners in half and staple to the back as legs for the spider. We lined them up face down after we decorated the faces and stapled the ribbon to the back.


Crafty Mama's is a monthly event included in a $45/year membership with momstown.ca! Check out the personalizable wine glasses we made last month! To join us next month, click here register for a free 1 month trial membership !

1 comment:

Andy Steven said...

I’m not crazy about the wire hanger. I think a black rope or something would be better, you can see some more over here:

http://pinterest.com/anharwell/burlap-door-hangers/

Christmas Parties At ctfine bistro