What is this journey about then? Well, it's about the changes I'm FEELING rather than seeing. It's how just six short weeks ago, I couldn't even run for three minutes straight without feeling like I couldn't breathe, yet today, I ran for almost an hour (eight minutes running/one minute walking) and could have gone longer. It's about how carrying both boys (55 pounds!) out to the car no longer feels like a workout. It's about how going up the stairs to my house no longer puts me out of breath. It's how I can now dance with my boys to more than one song without needing a break. My body has changed. Every time I run, I surprise myself with what I can actually do. The first time I ran for 25 minutes straight, I was in tears for the last couple of minutes. Not because it was hard (it was), but because I didn't think I was capable of doing it. And I did it! My body is becoming stronger every day, and my brain is starting to realize that I can do more than I ever thought possible. And I couldn't be happier about that. No matter how crappy I feel before a run, afterwards, I feel like a warrior. Especially on the cold -25 C days!
![]() |
| Some of our team on an exceptionally cold night! |
Thank you to our guest blogger this week Sarah Wallace, Event co-ordinator for momstown Edmonton and mom of two busy boys!
Check out her blog Meditations of a Blueberry!

No comments:
Post a Comment