With this 1/2 marathon training I absolutely cannot see the finish line. I don't know if I can do this. I am training and working hard to raise a lot of money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. But I cannot see the light at the end of tunnel. I am not "good" at running. I am slow and am finally just to a point where I can run without trying to come up with excuses to stop. But I won't quit this time.
I'm doing this thing whether my quitter soul wants to or not. It's been 4 months since we started this crazy journey. I started this 1/2 marathon training 6 weeks post c-section, maybe not the ideal time to start a training program like this. I have delivered 4 children in just 5 years, that a lot time spent pregnant, recovering, nursing and most of all not getting much exercise. I was weak. I am shocked at what my body can do now. I ran 10 km's on Saturday morning. I never thought I'd ever run 10 km's but I did it.
| Our group on a very cold night of training! |
I am SO incredibly proud of the 10 momstown mamas that have shown their determination, drive and willpower throughout this journey. We're 1/2 way to our fundraising goal that's over $15,000 raised in just 4 months for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada. That is amazing. On top of working, owning businesses, and raising 21 children combined! We've ran countless kilometers together and I know we will all finish this race and reach our fundraising goals together.
I am proud to be where I am today. I am excited about challenging myself beyond what I actually believe I can do. I know that on May 5th as I cross the finish line I'll be exhausted but this group of moms are running for those who can't. For those lives destroyed by these debilitating diseases. Those affected by Leukemia and Lymphoma can't quit, they don't have a choice but to fight, so my gloves are on and so are my runners. I won't give up. Not this time.
To help us reach our fundraising goal click here!
2 comments:
You guys are doing so great!!! Wish I could see you cross the finish line, make sure to get someone to take good pictures!!
You guys are all so amazing and I know that as exhausted as you all will be, you will cross that I finish line! I'm so proud to know you :)
Post a Comment