Throughout the years as most twins would grow apart and create their own identities, we've done quite the opposite. It's almost embarrassing when people ask all the standard questions like, What do you do? Where did you work? How old are your kids? etc. As we start to reply; We worked at the same bank, have had 2 sets of kids two months apart, worked as doulas together and now own momstown together. We've always had similar styled hair and clothes, even living 10 hours apart didn't keep us from buying the same shirts! When we're mixed up we know that it's our own fault, no need to apologize!
We think the dictionary should read:
Here are some Pros and Cons of working with your twin:
Pros
1) We can be snarky to each other with damaging our relationship.
2) We look like we work extra hard, because one of us is always at events.
3) We deliver a consistent brand because we are literally the same person.
Cons
1) Our brutal honesty with each other is sometimes uncalled for in a business relationship.
2) We have the same strengths and weaknesses. It would be nice if one of us was organized, but unfortunately in this area we lack x2.
3) The "M" word (momstown) has been banned from family dinners because it's so hard to turn the business talk off when we're both so invested in it.
I know a lot of people wouldn't want to work with family. It's definitely tricky at times but I couldn't imagine a better partner. We've never had completely separate lives so I can't imagine watching her accomplish what momstown does without being involved!
1 comment:
I think that the amazing bond you 2 have is what makes the bond of this particular Momstown so strong. I am so happy to be a part of such an amazing organization. You guys rock! And I think I can tell you guys apart pretty good now...in the picture used, Kristin is on the left and Janine on the right. I'm 99.7% sure haha.
Post a Comment