September not only brings a return of our flagship event Art and Play, but it also brings apples, apples, and more apples! At momstown Edmonton, we had a great apple-themed Art and Play! First, we read the classic story "Ten Apples Up on Top" by Dr. Seuss and sang some apple-themed songs. The kids loved all of the songs, especially "I'm a Little Apple"!
I'm a Little Apple
(to the tune of I'm a little teapot)
I'm a little apple short and round,
I make a munchy, crunchy sound
When you bite into me you will see,
I'm delicious as can be.
After singing, we got a little messy and painted with apples. We had two stations for the kids to paint at to keep things interesting. At the first station, we used masking tape to make the first letter of each child's name on their paper. Then, we put it in the box with some paint and rolled apples through it. The kids had so much fun rolling apples! At the second station, we did apple stamping with apple halves. Both stations were a big hit and resulted in lots of beautiful and unique paintings!
We finished up our time with some parachute play and a delicious snack provided by Jen Laurie of Epicure. The apple pastries stuffed with the Cranberry Apple Cinnamon dip were absolutely delicious and disappeared within minutes! Did you know that all of our events are included with your membership? That's over 30 events on a monthly basis all for only $45 a year! Sign up here!
No comments:
Post a Comment