Friday, December 30, 2011

Respect for 2011 & Optimism for 2012

This time of year everyone is talking about resolutions.  What can I do differently next year?  Do we all really look back on each year with regret? Not enough weight lost, not enough time spent with family, etc?  This cartoon made me laugh but it's true, we focus too much on what we haven't done and not enough on just how amazing we are. 



I'm making a list of accomplishments this year and how I'm going to build on them going into 2012.

What was amazing about 2011?

1.  I'd been longing to be an entrepeneur for years but couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. This year I purchased a business that I am passionate about and that fulfills my need to connect with my community and with other mothers.

In 2012, I will take the giant leap of faith that is leaving my guaranteed paycheque and becoming fully self-employed.

2.  In 2011 I tried to focus on my family. At Christmas and for birthdays I asked for gifts that we could do together, crafts and games that would lead to us sitting around the table doing things together. 

In 2012, I want to spend even more time with those kids! Turn the tv on less, sit down and read a book with them more.  I'd like my husband and I to plan to spend some time alone with each of our daughters every week.

3. This year I made amazing connections with local businesses and local moms!  We reached more people in person, on our blog and the message board than ever before.

In 2012 I'd like to grow our momstown chapter to be something even more amazing.  We have some great partnerships already in the works for 2012!  I will shout from the rooftops the benefits of this amazing organization!

2011 was a great year! It was full of change, growth and realizations that I can't please everyone and I can't do everything.  I go into 2012 full of inspiration, purpose and the focus to follow through!

Tell us what you did in 2011 that you are proud of!

No comments: