If I could measure how much these mama's help me and how valuable they are to me this would be my rating system:
- Hold my baby so I can go to the bathroom alone - 5 points
- Listen to me incessantly whine about my kids/hubby/work without judgment - 15 points
- Tell me that nobody saw my 2 year old's meltdown in Wal-Mart - 35 points
- Bring me a coffee when you know I've had a bad day - 25 points
- Remember the exact, ridiculous modifications I make to said coffee - 15 bonus points
- Wipe my kids nose for me - 10 points
- Watch my child while I'm at a doctors appointment - 50 points
- Make me feel better by telling me that your kid bit another child at their dayhome too (whether they did or not) - 75 points
- Babysit at my house for date night so that my kids get to fall asleep in their own beds - 85 points
- Take my kids overnight - 200 points
- Change a diaper - 50 points (25 bonus points for poop)
- Tell me how much you love my kids - 150 points
- Quietly warn me that my shirt is on inside out - 50 points
- Send your hubby to help mine move furniture - 100 points
- Bring a dessert to moms night out - 50 points
- Bring dessert and a bottle of wine to moms night out - 150 points
My definition of what makes a good friend has changed since having children. Sometimes a good chat is worth more than all of these things combined. Truthfully, the value of these friendships is immeasurable and some days I'm not sure how I would get through my days without them!

1 comment:
I love your point system! I agree I agree I agree!
*just for the record I no longer see any temper tantrums in walmart, even my own child's*
Post a Comment