
I've made a decision to stop the loot bag madness. I'm tired of shopping for junk that I know will get thrown out and I'm just hoping that other mamas join in the revolution. I've got some ideas for great take homes from birthday parties that don't involved jawbreakers or plastic rings.1) A Single Toy - Try to find something in season, my sons birthday is the beginning of June so we always give a pack of sand toys. Less than $3 a piece and it's something I know will get some use!
2) Books - Got a great theme? Give a book to match! My son's first birthday will be a Oh! The Place You'll Go theme. We plan on giving everyone a Dr. Seuss book to take home.
3) Gift Card - Why not give a gift card for an ice cream treat at Dairy Queen or something similar! That way the child can go take their gift card and have fun paying themselves.
4) Crafts - Something they made at the party that's worth keeping, or a great craft kit they can take home and make!
5) Themed take home - The last birthday I went to was a Superhero theme. The mom made cute felt capes for the kids to wear at the party and take home! We still have these they're a great way to remember the party!
If all else fails, a handmade thank you card is always appreciated. All these items can be under $5 and are great alternatives and I promise that tiny bag won't be missed at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment