Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Festival of Trees

momstown headed to the Festival of Trees last week.  What better way to get into the holiday spirit than gorgeous decorations and lots of fun activities for the kids?


Coupons in hand we decorated cookies, fished for prizes, visited Santa, made jingle bell necklaces and colored some ornaments.

A couple of us mamas even took a giant leap this year and let our kids shop at the "Secret Shop".


I don't think there was anything more unnerving for us than handing our 3 year olds $5 and sending them through the passage which donned the sign "Kids Only, No Adults".

For me, it was the first time ever I have been in public with my child not in my site.  We waited anxiously.


And they of course emerged with treasures (and change I might add).  These two were thrilled to have "shopped" on their own and purchased their very own goody.  Oddly the goodies were both cats, but that is beside the point.


It was a great day for inspiration (for me) and independence (for my daughter)!

No comments: