Friday, June 8, 2012

Make Your Own Chia Pet!

Want to teach your kids about how things grow? Try making a homemade Chia Pet! They are simple to make and the kids can personalize them and cut their hair all summer.

Supplies:
-Empty Yogourt Container
-Nylon Stocking
-Grass Seed
-Water
-Potting Soil
-Construction Paper
-Markers or Crayons







The construction paper will be the clothing for our new little grass friend. Have your kids design the clothing by colouring a piece of paper. Cut a strip from their drawing large enough to wrap around the yogourt container.


Put grass seed in the toe of the stocking, then add potting soil, approximately one cup. Form the soil into a ball and tie a knot, you'll want to cut the tail off at about two inches from the knot (the picture below is not cut).


Glue on eyes and a mouth cut from construction paper (you could use googly eyes too). Put a few tablespoons of water in the bottom of the yogourt container. The tail that we cut will draw the water up and keep the soil moist.

We'll add more pictures once our grass starts growing
but I think he's pretty cute already!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new
to me. Anyways, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be
bookmarking and checking back often!
Also visit my web page ; lifestyle

Anonymous said...

Quality content is the main to be a focus for the users to pay a visit the site,
that's what this site is providing.
Also see my website: buy my home PA

Anonymous said...

Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ultimate internet blogshop for wholesale & supply korean
accessories, earrings, earstuds, locket, rings, bracelet, bracelet & hair add-ons.
Promotion 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
Here is my web-site unemployment.ohio.gov

Anonymous said...

Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ideal online blogshop for wholesale &
quantity korean add-ons, earrings, earstuds, necklace, rings, bracelet, bracelet & hair add-ons.
Deal 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
Feel free to surf my web blog :: binary option brokers

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody, here every person is sharing such knowledge,
so it's pleasant to read this weblog, and I used to pay a quick visit this web site all the time.
Here is my page : Highly recommended Online site

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came
to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my web site!
I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
Feel free to visit my webpage ... web hosting delhi

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog post. I definitely love this site.
Stick with it!

my web site FDA approved diet and appetite suppressors in Miami