Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What Do The Neighbours Think?

Sometimes I wonder what my neighbours think happens in this household. My husband walked in the house the other day and said "What's happening in here? All I can hear is screaming!" I'll break down the meaning of each crazy sound so that no one calls child protective services on our happy little family. Stand outside my house for an hour and this is what it sounds like:

Screaming! High-pitched, ear drum bursting squeals. My sweet angels feel the need to test out their lungs often. They scream in fear when they see a mosquito, in delight when they see a butterfly or at anything at all....all day long.

Tarzan. I don't know how else to describe my oldest daughters new version of singing. It's really lovely. The Tarzan song has no volume adjustment, it comes in loud and louder.

Crying. (lots of it) I have two girls aged 5 and 2 who struggle to get along, share toys and space. Most of the time I can't even tell who started it, I just know that someone needs a hug.

Giggling. This one is my favourite, there is a lot of giggling that happens in this house but it usually ends in with either screaming or crying when a super fun game is no longer fun for one of my kids.

Music. We love music here. At any time of day you may hear my daughters and I doing our best rendition of any Little Mermaid songs or the radio turned up as loud as it goes (you'll hear giggling here too because we're probably dancing around the living room). 

This house is never quiet. Even while the kids are playing alone I have the radio on and I'm singing along. I'm realizing as I write this post that maybe it's to drown out the crazy happening around me. If you hear country music blasting through my windows you'll know that mommy is trying to stay calm (thank you Reba, for your help) I may need a glass of wine too.

I know you didn't take me seriously when I talked about the Tarzan singing earlier. Check out the sample below. Now, put that on repeat 6 hours a day...yep, you'd think your neighbours were crazy too.

No comments: