Sunday, July 29, 2012

Top 10 Mommy Tricks I Learned from Pinterest

I know a lot of you mama's use pinterest for craft ideas but momstown arts and crafts is so full of great craft ideas that for me Pinterest has been a godsend to find tips that have made annoying tasks so much easier!  
  • Easily de-pit a cherry with a straw - I LOVE cherries but as all you mama's know you can't have anything without sharing it (except for the fudgesicles that I hide in the back of the freezer).  I just stopped buying cherries altogether because they weren't worth the time or the mess they created once they were cut and pit removed.  This post from DIY Home Sweet Home blew my mind!  Push a firm straw through the base of a cherry and the pit pops out!  Also works to hull strawberries!   

  • Drip free ice cream cones and popsicles - Stick a few mini marshmallows in the bottom of ice cream cone to avoid dripping or place a cupcake liner around the base of a popsicle to avoid the drips! 


  • Bedding Bundles - Store bedding sheets together fold and placed in the pillow case to avoid hunting for all the pieces. Looks great in the closet rather than 1000 pieces spread throughout.  
  • Left over wine ice cubes - I know many of you are asking "What's left over wine??" but if you happen to have a splash left in the bottle or have a bottle that you didn't care for, pour it into an ice cube tray and transfer to a freezer bag to use for cooking or even to use in a pinch.  
  • Removing heat marks from wood tables - We had a little candle fiasco that left heat marks on our wood table.  After sulking I started googling and found that adding more heat would take the mark out.  I freaked out a little as I applied an iron to an already ruined table but using the link attached the marks came right out! 
  • Use a straightener as a mini iron - This one is super simple, but an awesome way to save time in the morning.  Use your straightener to iron the collars on shirts and the wrinkly edges of clothing! 

  • Baby powder as sand remover - I love going to the park and beach but I hate how covered the kids get with sand! Who knew a little baby powder would take all that pesky sand off their little legs and feet! I tested this out and it really does work! 
  • Wooden spoon to avoid over boiling - I tried this the other night with a big pot of potatoes! So cool, just place a wooden spoon across the top of the pot and it doesn't over boil! Who knew? 













Have you used any of these tips? 

What is your favourite pinterest find??




2 comments:

Melissa said...

these are BRILLIANT! we go try to get to the beach once a week, so the baby powder tip is awesome! Great post!

Tanya said...

Thanks for sharing these! They are Brilliant as Melissa says! I am totally using them!!