Friday, November 25, 2011

Doodle Bear = Lots of Fun!!

This toy really brought me back to my own childhood.  I always wanted a Fisher-Price Doodle Bear as a child, needless to say I never did get one.  My daughter was so excited when she saw this adorable bear, and that was before she knew she was ALLOWED to colour on it!  She's also a huge fan of ballerinas so she was thrilled with the design.

My daughter is 4 and she's very much in the artist stage.  She loves writing, colouring and painting anything, she's always looking for ways to be creative so this bear really hit the nail on the head.  Once she saw the markers she looked at me and said "I can colour on this bear??" She literally played with this for well over 1/2 hour, which in child time is like a century.  She handed it to me when she was done and said "Okay, put this in the washer so I can colour it again!"  What's really neat about this toy is that you can conveniently store the markers on the Doodle Bear's back!

She has taken this out and coloured it again and again and it even stays in her bed to cuddle with too. I am so glad my daughter got to enjoy what I thought looked like a fantastic toy when I was her age. It has definitely lived up to my childhood expectations and as mother it exceeded them!                               



No comments: