Friday, November 16, 2012

Tales for Tots - I Spy: Letters


momstown Edmonton has been exploring the alphabet all this month. So, what better book to read in Tales for Tots than I Spy: Letters by Jean Marzollo? Thanks to Scholastic for such a great book to share with the kids. Not your usual alphabet book, the kids loved the rhymes and the brightly coloured pictures. My son is still asking me for the “ABCD book, Mom! Please!”

After reading our book, we took to the craft table and made our own “I Spy” letters. Each kid got a large letter that their names started with and then, with the help of the mamas, found that same letter on some boxes. Once they had found and cut out several of that letter with adult help, they glued them down. This was a great letter recognition craft! At the end of our crafting, we drew a name for the book and little Molly got to take it home!

No comments: