Saturday, June 1, 2013

How to Throw a Spider-Man Themed Birthday

My son just turned 3 years old. He's a typical boy who LOVES super heroes. He is especially obsessed with Spider-Man. He got the costume in the photo a few weeks ago and he wears it so much that it's literally in pieces! We rented a bouncy water slide from The Toy Hutch as well as this awesome Spider-Man costume! The Toy Hutch not only has an incredible indoor playground, but they also are Edmonton's birthday specialists! Not many boys have Spider-Man jump over their fence in the middle of a party!
 I'm normally a buy the cake at the store type of mom but since we had the entertainment supplied by The Toy Hutch I decided to test my baking skills.  We decorated the cupcakes with the classic Spider-Man logo and I made Spider-Man Rice Krispie treats!  The were much easier than they look but took some time to get them right.  I just used a circle cookie cutter after the treats had set for about an hour, then I just hand molded it to get the shape right.  The eyes are Oreo cookies cut in quarters and that's about it! With the help of your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man, a bouncy slide and some cute snacks this is a birthday my son and his friends will not forget! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! You are such a good mom, Kristin.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

How did you get the oreos to stick to the spiderman rice krispies?

Thanks!